Locking columns at a time doesn't have any effect

Hi

I was trying to lock a whole column at a time, but the style doesn't seem to be set when I use the following code:

//ws is the active worksheet

ws.Cells[Convert.ToByte(column)].Style.IsLocked = true;

When I check the worksheet afterwards, the columns are not locked at all. There are no other style manipulations on the cells/columns after this piece of code. Other style manipulations like

ws.Cells.Columns[Convert.ToByte(column)].Style.Custom = ApplicationSettings.AppDatePattern;

are performed on other columns and they do have affect.

Any help is welcome.

Kind regards
Frederick

Dear Frederick,

In default state, cell is locked. The following is my sample code to lock a column which is not locked in template file.

Excel excel = new Excel();
excel.Open("d:\\test\\lockcolumn.xls");
excel.Worksheets[0].Cells.Columns[0].Style.IsLocked = true;
excel.Save("d:\\test\\abc.xls");

And which version of Aspose.Excel are you using?

The same problem occurs when trying to manipulate rows.

for (int i=0;i <= titleRow;i++)
{
ws.Cells.RowsIdea [I].Style.IsLocked = true;
}

this doesn't work.

Although when I write an iteration to handle cell by cell then their is no problem. It seems that Style isn't set when applying it to a collection like ws.Cells.Rows or ws.Cells.Columns

You can also try this:

{

Style style = ws.Cells.Rows[ i ].Style;

style.IsLocked = true;

ws.Cells.Rows[ i ].Style = style;
}

Laurence wrote:

You can also try this:

{

Style style = ws.Cells.Rows[ i ].Style;

style.IsLocked = true;

ws.Cells.Rows[ i ].Style = style;
}

Isn't that dangerous? I mean, wouldn't I lose other particular style settings if I set the Style using a new Style object because I think the default values for the other style properties will get applied.

The version I uses is 3.4.0.0

No.

You don't use a new style object. My sample code changes the style object and re-assign to row or column. When the style is changed, it internally changes style for each cells. Other style settings will not be lost.