We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Locking part of Word Document using Aspose

Hello,

We’re trying to lock a part of a Word document created using Apose.Words in a .Net environment to allow the end user to edit some parts of the document, but keep the other parts of the document in read-only mode. Is this a possibility with Apose?

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I'm afraid protecting selected ranges in a document is currently not supported by Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will inform you of any developments.

In the mean time you may be able to still achieve what you are looking for by protecting certain sections of a document. Please see this link here for details.

Thanks,

Hi,

I would like to know whether this functionality of locking / unlocking specific sections of a DOCX document generated by Aspose are available in the current releases ? We have a license for Aspose Total.
We are using Aspose Word to append multiple byte streams into a consolidated document. One of the byte streams contains data that consists of a WordML document with some sections protected and others editable. The consolidated document however does not have these fields as editable.

Any help on this is highly appreciated…

Afzal

Hi Afzal,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this feature is still unavailable. We will notify you once this feature is implemented, but unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimates.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1067) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(29)