Log4j.xml in aspose-barcode-jdk15-5.4.2.jar

Depolying aspose-barcode-jdk15-5.4.2.jar in a Java application server disrupts logging on the server, because aspose-barcode-jdk15-5.4.2.jar contains a log4j.xml file at root level.
If the app server uses log4j for logging, it scans the classpath for log4j.xml and log4j.properties files.

I’ve visited older aspose-barcode versions, there’s an inconststent behaviour:
V5.0.0 and V5.3.0 contains log4j.xml (as it does V5.4.2),
but V5.4.0 and V5.4.1 does NOT contain log4j.xml.

In my opinion it’s not a good idea to pack log4j.xml in jars which are used in app servers. So I suggest to remove it in further versions.

Why is log4j.xml packed into jars at all?
Why is log4j.xml in some releases packed into the jar and sometimes not?
Will log4j.xml removed from jar in following releases?

Hi Gernot,

Thanks for your inquiry. We’re sorry about the inconvenience you faced. It had already been removed from Aspose.BarCode 5.4.0. I have logged this issue under ticket id BARCODJAVA-33379 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue id and you will be notified once it is fixed.

Hi,

I have noticed that that log4j.xml is also included in aspose-barcode-6.0.0.0-jdk16.jar which also interrupts/clashes with the applications log4j setup. It would be great that this would be removed to prevent any other logging issues.

Thanks.

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for contacting support. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced. I’ve logged my comments against the ticket id BARCODJAVA-33379. We’ll let you know once an update is available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODJAVA-33379) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.