Long loading & saving time for pptx

Hi,

I have a sample containing 4000+ slide PPTX and it took around 5mins to complete processing. In some case it take much much longer and to some extend that it doesn’t seem to finish the processing. After much testing, the bottleneck was loading the file to powerpoint obj and output it. Im using Aspose Slide java V20.6. It seem like its relatively slower running in linux.

Here’s my sample and my sample program:

sample.zip (7.6 MB)

thanks

@zhilin39,

4000+ slides is a huge presentation deck and it’s normal for API to load such a huge presentation in Document Object Model (DOM) of API. You are in fact loading the entire presentation in memory and filling the presentation structure. Your machine physical memory should be good enough to work with API while dealing with these huge decks. What is expected response you are expecting from API while loading.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

With the same java program and same sample file, it can process better under windows. When it is processing using linux, it will take much long time and sometimes get stuck. Is there any walkaround solution for this becos this will impact my system’s performance.

On top of that, does Aspose have a function to get the presentation info like e.g no. of slide in it etc without actually loading the entire presentation into the memory ?

thanks

@zhilin39,

What are machine specifications for two platforms. Which JDK version is installed on both instances along with what heap size you have set on your end on both instances. Please share complete details of two platforms.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

Sorry for the late reply. When I was running the program, I didn’t specify any heapsize. Here’s the information on what JDK was installed and my default heap size.

java_spec.zip (845 Bytes)

thanks

@zhilin39,

I have created a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38171 in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue on our end. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38171) have been fixed in this update.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Just to clarify, for this fix, the performance has improved or ?

@zhilin39

We have improved the performance of the API.

Slides 20.12 (with 2Gb) Slides 21.1 (with 2Gb)
OutOfMemory Exception 1m 10 sec

Please refer to documentation article.