I’m doing conversion performance testing using aspose word for .NET, library version 17.9.
Summary of test results for processing 20 documents
- Convert doc to pdf: 4 batch of 5 documents(start 2nd batch only after 1st batch is done) Took ~ 1 minute
- Convert doc to pdf: 1 batch of 20 documents(parallel conversion) Took ~ 2+ minutes
- Convert doc to docx: 1 batch of 20 documents(parallel conversion) Took ~ 5 seconds
Execution with time information for each test respectively
- execute_batch_by_batch.PNG (35.7 KB)
- execute_20_files_at_one_shot.PNG (9.6 KB)
- convert_doc_to_docx.PNG (10.0 KB)
The sample .doc file(with images) that I’m using in this test is ard 4+MB each.
Based on the results, processing 20 documents (parallel conversion) took twice as much time than processing batch by batch. When I’m processing 20 documents (parallel conversion), I noticed that initially the processing has a few numbers of high CPU usage after which it then dropped to 0.
Could your team check what cause the doubly in performance time? Whether is it due to executing too many parallel conversion which then cause some sort of ‘blocking’ between conversions or some other factor affecting the performance?