Loosing content of formatted column of excel while converting excel to pdf

Hi Team,

My requirement is to achieve list of decimal numbers vertically aligned on basis of decimal, which is achievable in excel by setting Custom format of cell to ".???".

I am facing problem, when I am converting excel to pdf.

In excel I have one column with custom format (".???") so that column values can be vertically aligned on decimal point and other column with Custom format as "General".

But when I am converting this excel file to pdf, first column values are getting invisible where as second column is displaying as it is. In pdf only aligned dots are displaying for all the values of first column. For conversion from excel to pdf I am using following code:

var finalDesigner = new WorkbookDesigner { Workbook = new Workbook(tempFilePathforExcel) };

//Saving file in pdf format on temp location
finalDesigner.Workbook.Save(tempDestinationFilePath, SaveFormat.Pdf);

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am attaching both excel (Test.xls) and generated pdf (Test.pdf)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please suggest me , how can I achieve vertically aligned values on decimal point for a column and converted the same in pdf.

Thanks in advance

Preety

Hi,

Thanks for your template files.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.0.1

I have tested converting your template file to PDF and it works fine. The output PDF is fine.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried with the dll sent by you. Now the values in the formatted (.???) column is visible, but not vertically aligned around its decimal point. Hence it is not solving my problem. (Please refer attached pdf)

Could you please suggest how can a column be shown vertically aligned around its decimal point in pdf. (max up to three places) same as that it is showingin Test.xls (first column )

I am attaching generated pdf sample. and excel sample.

Thanks in advance

Preety

Hi,

I can notice the issue after converting your template file “Test.xls” to PDF, some initial numbers are cut in the rendered PDF. See the screen shot attached.

Sample code:
Workbook wb = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\Test.xls”);
wb.Save(“e:\test\out_test.pdf”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41380” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

But Text cutting is not a problem as I can increase column width for the same and can protect text cutting. My main concern is to align the column text around decimal point and can get the same column as I am getting in excel I am attaching.

You can check by converting the attached excel, and get to know that in pdf, I am not getting the column values aligneda round decimal point as I am getting in attached excel column 'C'

Hi,

Regarding alignment, it is approx. same with the PDF generated by MS Excel. But, I can see very little and minor difference regarding the value’s alignment (horizontal) in the output PDF generated by Aspose.Cells when comparing it with the default PDF generated by Excel. I have attached the output PDF generated by MS Excel. Could you point out the problematic areas (with red circles and descriptions) comparing the PDF by Aspose.Cells Vs PDF generated by Excel. You may share the screen shots here. We will log it and look into it.

Thank you.

Thanks again for ur reply.

The pdf you have provided is the exact which I want but I am not able to generate it by converting the excel (I have sent you) to pdf. in my pdf, I am getting unaligned dots (please refer UnAlignedDots.png)

Pleaset suggest me, how you have generated your pdf by converting the excel I have sent. Could you please share your sample application where you are converting my excel in to pdf and getting aligned dots as my excel contains

Thanks in Advance.

Preety

Hi,

Well, I just used MS Excel 2007 to open your template file and save it as “PDF” in MS Excel and shared it in my previous post.

Anyways, we have logged it to attached with your issue. Our concerned developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Could you please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.1 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan