Losing AutoFit status

Hi there

I have a PowerPoint presentation containing a text frame which contains text that has been resized automatically using AutoFit. However, when I save the file without changing it, using Aspose.Slides, the autofit property gets lost. I’m wondering is this is a known issue? I’ve attached the presentation for your own testing purposes. FYI - this file was originally a PPTX file and was exported to a PPT file using PowerPoint.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

If you are talking about "Tools -> AutoCorrect Options -> AutoFormat As You Type -> AutoFit Body Text To Placeholder" option in MS PowerPoint 2003, I don't find any change when the attached presentation is saved using Aspose.Slides for .NET. If you mean some other option, please explain your query in detail.

Hi Muhammad

My apologies, I attached the wrong file! I’ve attached the correct one with this reply. To reproduce the problem, simply keep adding more text to the textframe containing 'g’s. Instead of resizing the 'g’s to a smaller font size, they spill out of the textframe boundaries, and onto the rest of the page.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

Can you please provide the source presentation from which attached presentation has been reproduced using Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Hi Muhammad

The source presentation is the “1.ppt” file I attached to my initial post. I can reproduce the problem simply by calling:

Presentation oDoc = new Presentation(“1.ppt”);
oDoc.Write(“2.ppt”);

and then opening 2.ppt in PowerPoint and trying to add more 'g’s to the TextFrame already containing some.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

The same behavior is observed with "1.ppt" as attached in the initial post. I added g's in "1.ppt" and got the same behavior.

Hi Muhammad

When you say the same behaviour in “1.ppt”, do you mean you can reproduce the issue, or you cannot?
I can’t reproduce the issue using 1.ppt when opened in PowerPoint 2007, only in the “1_aspose.ppt” file. Are you using the same version of PowerPoint?

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

As mentioned in ticket 215510, I have been using MS PowerPoint 2003 for the said behavior. Also, Aspose.Slides namespace is supposed to deal with MS PowerPoint 2003 files when presentations are read and written using Aspose.Slides.Presentation class.

Hi Muhammad

I understand. So do you think it’s possibly a problem with how PowerPoint 2007 interprets the files?

Eric

Hi Eric,

You are absolutely right. I exactly mean that.

Thanks Muhammad