Losing barcode when convert from pdf to tiff

Hi,

I have a pdf file that has a barcode in it, but when I convert it to a tiff file, the barcode is gone. I am using the last version of the Aspose.Pdf.Kit (2.7.0.0 with the license), the evaluation version of the Aspose.Words.dll (5.0.2.0), and the evaluation version of the Aspose.Pdf.dll (3.6.2.0). Following is the code I am using to convert the files.

private void CreateTiff(string pdfFileName, string tiffFileName)

{

PdfConverter converter = new PdfConverter();

converter.BindPdf(pdfFileName);

converter.DoConvert();

converter.SavaAsTIFF(tiffFileName);

}

I am attaching the pdf file I need to convert and the tiff file I got.

Thanks in advance.

I also would like to add that if I use Aspose.Word.dll (3.5.3.0), Aspose.Pdf.dll(2.9.5.0), and Aspose.Pdf.Kit(2.7.0.0), the tiff file is created fine, with the barcode in it. However, I cannot use those versions because the Pdf.Save() method is slow. Maybe this can help to find the cause of the issue. I am attaching the pdf and tiff files created with these versions.

Hi,

Can you please also provide the orignal word document and the code you are using for word to pdf conversion as well as the font file for the barcode font. I need these files so that I can properly test this issue.

Thanks.

Here are the files.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have tested your files and was able to reproduce the error. I have logged this as PDFKITNET-4543 in our issue tracking system. We will try our best to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi,

I checked this issue and found the barcode is not supported by Aspose.Pdf.Kit if the font is not embedded. The pdf generated with Aspose.Pdf 2.9.5 has font embedded so it works. Please set IsFontEmbedded to make sure the font be embedded.

I set that property to true, but still no barcode on the tif file. This is what I did, is it correct?

Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();

pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = true;

pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = false;

pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = Path.GetTempPath();

pdf.TextInfo.IsFontEmbedded = true;

pdf.BindXML(xmlDoc, null);

// Save the result

pdf.Save(pdfStream);

Thanks,

Hi,

I have also tested this and it appears that the font is not getting embeded. We will investigate this further.

Thanks.