We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Losing cell border formatting after worksheet copy

I have an excel file that contains some header information and border formating for several columns. I am generating new workbooks and copying the worksheet in. When it is saved out in excel format it retains the borders formatting for the columns. However, when it is saved to Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.AsposePDF only cells containing data prior to the worksheet copy retain border information.

I thought the fixes applied in 4.1.1.6 ( <A href="</A> ) would correct this but they do not.</P> <P> </P> <P>Using Aspose.Cells 4.1.1.6 and Aspose.PDF 3.1.7.1</P>

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, there are some limitations of Excel 2 PDF conversion. Some formatting settings specified in spreadsheets might be lost when converting to PDF format. i.e., images, headers/footers, charts and other drawing objects will be lost and some borders types can be partially lost.

Please check the feature limitation list when converting from Excel to Pdf:

http://forums.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Cells/ConvertingToPdfFile.html

Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf development teams are really working hard to enhance the conversion of Excel 2 Pdf. And the missing features are added at regular intervals with the new releases of both Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf components.

Thank you.

@wsigler,

Aspose.Cells supported XLS to PDF feature. Over the years, we have made the feature more robust and efficient with lots of enhancements, you may directly save an Excel file to PDF file format using only Aspose.Cells APIs. The charts and other drawing objects would be retained as they are in the Excel file when rendering the Excel workbook to PDF file format. Similarly Aspose.Cells has supported Chart to image and Chart to PDF features with high fidelity and accuracy.

For more information on converting Excel files to PDF, Sheet to image, rendering chart to image and chart to PDF features, please follow the document links below:
Convert Excel Workbook to PDF
Chart Rendering
Converting Worksheet to Image using ImageOrPrint Options

Please download the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET from the following link:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

You can also download the latest demos here for your complete reference.