Lost Data when Data Table contains Numbers

I have just begun using your product and I have a very specific need for it.

I have an SQL Stored Procedure that returns a fairly large dataset, which includes fields that are varchar, numbers, dates, money. I have found that the data is lost in the Excel spreadsheets that are created for all the columns other than those that were varchars. I am using a Designer File and the formatting in the columns for the Designer File doesn’t seem to matter. I have also tried using both typed and untyped datasets and that doesn’t matter either.

What am I missing here? Do I have to convert all the data to varchar in my stored procedure and then convert them back? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks for your help.

pbrunkalla

Could you post some of your code here? Thus I can investigate your problem.

Thanks

Thanks for your response. In gathering my code together I figured out my problem.

I was previously using another product to create Excel spreadsheets (only it wasn’t supported for .NET, which is why we switched to Aspose) and I was converting my code. With the other product I had to Preserve Strings or I lost my leading zeros. With Aspose Preserving Strings was preventing the data from going into non-string fields.

Everything seems to be working fine now. We have some really big spreadsheets we are creating (300 + pages) and saving them in Excel 97 format seems to take around 3 minutes. Does this sound right?

Thanks,

pbrunkalla

Hi,

What’s the size of your result file? If it’s too large, it may take a long time to save it.

Thanks for your response.

The spreadsheets vary in size, but one of them is 2,341 K.

Thanks,
pbrunkalla

About the performance, you can refer to https://forum.aspose.com/t/119902.