Lost fonts when convert pdf to svg

Hi,

We have a request to convert xps to svg, we didn’t find the direct way to do this. So we convert xps to pdf first and then convert pdf to svg.

Now the problem is that some fonts are missing when convert pdf to svg. We want to know is there any way to specify (attach) fonts when do the conversion, or is there a better way to solve this problem.

Jason_Shine

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your source SVG image, we will test the scenario at our end and will provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thanks for your reply! Our request is convert XPS to SVG, attached is a XPS file. We used Aspose to convert XPS to PDF first, then to SVG. The PDF file is ok, the fonts are not missing.

Best regards
Jason_Shine

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem that font information is lost when converting PDF to SVG. However the fonts are preserved when transforming XPS to PDF format. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37431. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Thanks. Any news please let us know.

Best regards
Jason_Shine

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issue is not resolved as we have noticed it recently. It is pending for investigation in the queue with other priority task. As soon as its investigation is completed then we will share our findings or ETA with you.<o:p></o:p>

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

An half month past, do you have any news to share with me?

Best regards
Jason_Shine

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issue is still not resolved, it is pending in queue with other priority issues. However we have requested our development team to complete its investigation at their earliest and share an ETA. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and due to complexity of this problem, we plan to get it resolved in Q1-2015. Please be patient and wait for the resolution.