Macro and Dialog Sheets are coerced to Worksheets

Workbooks which have an “Excel 4 Macro Sheet” and/or a “Dialog Sheet” are coerced into regular worksheets when opened and/or saved by Aspose Cells.

This issue can be observed by using the attached InvalidSheets.xlsm Workbook and the following Java code:

final String fileName = "[path]InvalidSheets.xlsm";

Workbook wb = new Workbook(fileName);

for(Iterator<Worksheet> i = wb.getWorksheets().iterator(); i.hasNext();) {
    Worksheet ws = i.next();
    System.out.println("Sheet Name: " + ws.getName() + " Type: " + ws.getType());
 }

wb.save(fileName.replace(".xlsm", "_aspose.xlsm"));

Notes:

1. The attached workbook contains 2 sheets - an Excel 4 Macro" Sheet and a Dialog Sheet.
  2. The console output shows that when the Workbook is loaded, it interprets the macro and dialog sheets as regular Worksheets (i.e. ws.getType() == SheetType.Worksheet).
  3. We are expecting that the sheet types be SheetType.BIFF_4_MACRO and SheetType.OTHER.
  4. We need to detect the Macro and Dialog sheets while converting a Workbook to PDF. But based on the current functionality, we are not be able to detect these types of sheets.
  5. The above was reproduced using the latest version of Aspose Cells 18.1.

Thanks.

@oraspose,

Thanks for the template file, sample code and details.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that Macro and Dialog sheets are detected as regular worksheets:
e.g
Sample code:

final String fileName = "[path]InvalidSheets.xlsm"; 

Workbook wb = new Workbook(fileName); 

for(Iterator<Worksheet> i = wb.getWorksheets().iterator(); i.hasNext();) { 
    Worksheet ws = i.next(); 
    System.out.println("Sheet Name: " + ws.getName() + " Type: " + ws.getType()); 
 } 

wb.save(fileName.replace(".xlsm", "_aspose.xlsm")); 

Output:
Sheet Name: Macro1 Type: 1
Sheet Name: Dialog1 Type: 1

I have logged a ticket for your issue and we will try to figure it out soon. The issue is logged as following:
CELLSJAVA-42507 - Macro and Dialog Sheets are detected as regular worksheets

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@oraspose,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-42507 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@oraspose

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42507) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for Java 18.2 update.

Please also check the following document/blog for your reference: