Macros created getting lost after saving Word 2007

Hi,
I am facing some problem after saving a macro enabled Word 2007 document using Aspose.
Please see the steps below:

1. I created a macro under local Document/File category in “.DOCM” and “.DOTM” (Macro enabled Word 2007 documents) files.
  2. In my code I save the document using Aspose (doc.Save(fileName)).

Result: The macro created is no more vivisble in the Macro view under local Document/File category. This is observed for both .DOCM and .DOTM extension files
Note 1: If I open the VBA code view, I am able to see the code for my Macro but the Macro itself is not visible in the Macros view.
Note 2: If I create the macro under “Normal” (Global Template) instead of local Document/file Category, then the macros are visible after saving the document and no issue is observed.
Note 3: This problem is not occurring with Excel 2007 documents.
It would be helpful to have a resolution to this problem
Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your documents here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
Please find attached the zip file having the four documents.

1. “**Word 2007 XML macro-enabled document.docm” and “Microsoft Office Word 2007 macro-enabled template.dotm” are the Macro enabled Word 2007 files in which Macro named “Test_Macro” was added under local document/file category.
  2. “RF_Word 2007 XML macro-enabled document.DOCM” and “RF_Microsoft Office Word 2007 macro-enabled template.DOTM” are the files created after saving the files in step 1 using Aspose. “Test_Macro**” macro is not available to be seen in these documents under local document/file category in Macro view.

Kindly note that I had created 3 Macros under “Normal” (Global Template) category:

1. “AnshuNormalDotm1”
  2. “AnshuNormalDotm2”
  3. “Test_Macro”

I am able to see these 3 macros post saving under the same category. Please see that there are 2 macros with the same name “Test_Macro” but one under “Normal” (Global Template) category and one under local document/file category as depicted in my earlier screenshots.
Kindly revert back in case of any issues/concerns.
Thanks
Anshu Kumar Ruia

Hi

Thanks you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
I thank you for your response.
It would be helpful if you could let me know whether you will be providing any patch or some executable file which will update the Aspose Dlls to address this issue.
I also request you to let me know the approximate time by which you will be able to provide a resolution to this problem.
Thanks
Anshu Kumar Ruia

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to provide you any reliable estimate regarding the issue at the moment. We will investigate the problem deeply and provide you more information. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Andrey, My development team is the licensor of, and is currently utilizing, Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells software. We are currently at an impass with macros getting lost after saving a Word (or Excel ) 2007 file after processing it to reset linkages. We have raised it with you group (link provided below) but I need a more concrete response. AndreyN.

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot promise you anything regarding this issue at the moment. I added your request to my monthly report, so its priority will be increased. I will notify you as soon as the problem is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. It has been assigned the highest priority and will be addressed in the next day or so. Will you be happy to wait for the official release closer to end of March or want a special build so you can carry on with your project?

Hi Roman,
If you have a fix for the issue, my preference is to get a special build of both the Words and Cells libraries asap so we can drop it into our release testing (which is currently underway) and validate that the macro loss issue has been addressed.
If our testing is successful I will replace the special build it with the production release in April for our final two cycles of pre-release testing and spot check that no other issues have surfaced.
Jim Tiel

Hi Jim,
Which version of Aspose.Cells are you using? Could you please also post an Excel2007 file to show your problem? We will check and fix it ASAP.

Laurence,
I just validated with my team we are encountering the macro loss behavior only with Aspose.Words and not with Aspose.Cells. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.
We still need fix for Aspose.Words asap to fit our testing and release schedule. If you could give me a rough eta it would be most appreciated.
Jim Tiel

Hi

Thanks for your request. The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. We will let you know once the fix comes out.
Best regards.

Alexey,
Glad to hear that the issue is already resolved but I need something more definite as when we can expect to get a special build that includes this fix as we are stalled in our testing efforts in this area. Can you give me an eta?
Jim Tiel

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The fix will be included into the next version of Aspose.Words, which will be release in 2-3 weeks. You will be notified.
Best regards.

Alexey,
Provision of a special build to address this issue was discussed as an option previously. Are you now saying that Aspose can not provide us with a fix this week to meet our release time frame?
Jim Tiel

romank:
Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. It has been assigned the highest priority and will be addressed in the next day or so. Will you be happy to wait for the official release closer to end of March or want a special build so you can carry on with your project?

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the confusion. Since Roman agreed to provide a special build so, he will surely do it. We won’t take our words back.

Roman,

Since the issue is already resolved in the code base, please provide the special build to Jim immediately.

Salman, no need to panic. Jim, your build is coming.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9658) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)