Magnetic encoding text

Hi!

I have some problems to get my printer to do magnetic encoding of the text in my PDF.

Here is the scenario,

I have a virtuell printer how converts the postscript to a PDF with ghostscript. Then i’m using Aspose.PDF to change some text and add text for magnetic encoding. The text is changed but the printer does not recognize the text as magetic encoding.

For example:
~SP:M:H:2:11111111111<22222222222?
The text is in one fragment and one segment.

And if i open the pdf in Acrobat and the choose “Edit Object” of the text. Illustrator starts and tell me that font Arial is missing, then illustrator change to Arial MT and if i save the change, the document is fix and the printer encodes.

So i tried to set Arial MT as font on the textsegment, but then i got NotSupportedException.
I have also tried to use Open font but got the same results.

So if anybody have a clue, please help me :slight_smile:

Best regards
David
david@netnovo.se

Update

I have now found a workaround for this issue.

I found id I Concatenate a working file (blank) (Edit in text in Illustrator) with the file I want to edit and after the delete the blank file the text working to encode Magnetic.

netnovo:
I have a virtuell printer how converts the postscript to a PDF with ghostscript. Then i'm using Aspose.PDF to change some text and add text for magnetic encoding. The text is changed but the printer does not recognize the text as magetic encoding.

For example:
~SP:M:H:2:11111111111<22222222222?
The text is in one fragment and one segment.

And if i open the pdf in Acrobat and the choose "Edit Object" of the text. Illustrator starts and tell me that font Arial is missing, then illustrator change to Arial MT and if i save the change, the document is fix and the printer encodes.

So i tried to set Arial MT as font on the textsegment, but then i got NotSupportedException.
I have also tried to use Open font but got the same results.
Hi David,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the source PDF file along with the code snippet related to Aspose.Pdf for .NET, so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.