Mail merge generates blanks pages using .NET

We are having intermittent issues where a running a mail merge results in a completely blank page and I wanted to reach out here to see if this has been seen before:

(Aspose.Words 9.3.0.0)

A user will perform an action that spits out a mail merged document from a template and the page will be completely blank. The user can then do the exact same thing again and this time the mail merged document will be filled out (the template text is there and the merge fields are all properly populated).

So, I wanted to know if there were any scenarios where a mail merge would fail without throwing an error and produce a blank document. I also wanted to make sure there weren’t any known issues with where Aspose could hit a resource problem that could cause this.

I wish I could give you a reproducible scenario but we’ve only seen it fail intermittently and only in our production environment. We have been unable to get it to fail when running the scenarios locally.

Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Hrishikesh,

Thanks for your query. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 11.0.0. If you still face problem then please share your document template for investigation purposes.

We have upgraded to version 11.1.0.0 and this problem is still occurring. Also it is not template specific. Our users have their own templates and this problem has been reported by several users across different templates. Also note that it is inconsistent. It will work for a template then, if you try again, the same template will appear blank. A worker process restart usually is required to then make it to work again. Please advise as soon as possible since this is becoming a huge problem for our users.

Thank you
Hrishikesh

Hi Hrishikesh,

Thanks for your query. Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET is 11.7.0. It would be great if you please share your template document for investigation purposes.

Hi Hanulkar,

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? We are having the same problem.

We are using version 13.2. Any advice or update on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

Unfortunately we are still having this issue. It is intermittent but still happens from time to time. Our initial hunch is that it is related to memory resources available on the application server but we have not narrowed it down to a specific cause.

Thanks
Hrishi

Hi there,

I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v14.2.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side.

If the problem still remains, please share following detail for investigation purposes.

• Please attach your input Word document.
  • Please create a standalone/runnable simple application (for example a Console Application Project) that demonstrates the code (Aspose.Words code) you used to generate your output document
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach your target Word document showing the desired behavior. You can use Microsoft Word to create your target Word document. I will investigate as to how you are expecting your final document be generated like.
  • What environment are you running on?
    • OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
    • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
    • .NET Framework version

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the Document(s) and simplified application. We need your Document(s) and simple project to reproduce the problem. As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.