Mail Merge outputs are overlapping

I’m using the latest Aspose Words 13.4 and PDF 8.0.0. When I try to do a mail merge of the specified mail merge template, I get the mail merge result - which, has text overlapping.

Can you advise as to what is wrong?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario by using the following code snippet and have not found the shared issue. I have attached the output Docx with this post for your kind reference.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Mail+Merge+Template.docx");
doc.MailMerge.Execute(new string[] { "Individual__FullName", "Individual__Company", "Individual__FullName", "JoinDate" }, new string[] { "Marie Sauve Marie Sauve", "No Company Name", "Marie Sauve Marie Sauve", DateTime.Now.Date.ToString() });
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.docx");

You are using Aspose.Pdf (PDF 8.0.0). Could you please share detail about your complete scenario? Please also share following detail for investigation purposes.

• OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • .NET Framework version
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue

Hi Andrew,

Further to my last post, I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side by using following code snippet. Please confirm that you are using the DataTable for mail merge. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8310 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

DataTable dt = new DataTable();
dt.Columns.Add("Individual__FullName", typeof(string));
dt.Rows.Add("Sherry Coutts");
dt.Rows.Add("Marie Sauve");
dt.Rows.Add("Marie2 Sauve2");
doc.MailMerge.Execute(dt);

Confirmed - I am using a data table. I’m on Windows 7/2008, .NET 4.

Any ETA on resolution? Any workaround?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. On further investigation our development team came to know that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue will be closed with ‘‘Won’t Fix’’ resolution.

The reason of the issue is that the your template contains a single section which is continuous. While performing of a mail merge in MS Word, this section becomes a new-page one before being copied. In this case, please replace the section break Continuous with NewPage as shown in following code snippet. This will solve your issue.

DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
doc.FirstSection.PageSetup.SectionStart = SectionStart.NewPage;
DataTable dt = new DataTable();
dt.Columns.Add("Individual__FullName", typeof(string));
dt.Rows.Add("Sherry Coutts");
dt.Rows.Add("Marie Sauve");
dt.Rows.Add("Marie2 Sauve2");
doc.MailMerge.Execute(dt);

This workaround worked. Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.