Mail merge removes hyperlink styles

I am using Aspose.Words to perform a mail merge with a Word document. The source document has some fixed hyperlinks which appear in the standard style (i.e.: blue and underlined) but the document that is generated by the mail merge operation loses this formatting.

The hyperlinks are still there (i.e.: I can hover over them and see the link, and Ctrl+click to open them) but they are in plain black text and no longer stand out.

Is this a bug or by design, as it is highly annoying.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

I have recreated the problem with the most basic of documents which I’ve attached. A really simple mail merge then removes the formatting.

Document doc = new Document("C:\Hyperlink.doc");
doc.MailMerge.Execute(new string[]
{
    "SomeText"
}, new object[]
{
    "Here is the merged data"
});
doc.Save("C:\Out.doc", SaveFormat.Doc);

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Do you have any idea how long it will be before a fix is available?

Thanks,
Alex.

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue at the moment. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem or provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Do you have any updates on the availability of the hotfix?

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your request. The issue mentioned in this thread is already resolved in the current code base. The fix will be included into the next hotfix, which will be released approximately in a week. You will be notified.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11408) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.