Mail Merge to Text Box Using Apose.Word then convert with Aspose.PDF position is wrong

Hi,

When I setup a mail merge field and place it inside a text box drawn onto a page Aspose.Word will create the final word document correctly with the field in the correct position. If I then convert the document to PDF using Aspose.PDF the Text box position is lost and appears top-left aligned. Is this a problem with the PDF conversion and is there a fix available? I’m using versions 2.1.10.0 of Aspose.Word and 2.1.3.7 of Aspose.PDF.

What I’m trying to do.

I’m trying to scan a document such as an application form. Take the scanned image and set it as a background image for the word document (in the header). Then use text boxes to position merge fields over the boxes on the background image. Finally, after the mail merge is complete turn the document into a PDF.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dear blade141,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Floating text box is not supported currently in Word2Pdf. As I know, the Aspose.Word team is working on this issue. You can ask when this feature will be available in the Aspose.Word forum.

Actually, Aspose Word is working fine. The output is correct and the box is in the correct position. Its only when its saved into intermediary xml format and fed into Aspose.PDF that the positioning is lost.

Sorry for not making it clear. Floating text box is not supported directly in Aspose.Pdf but we want to use table with one cell to substitute it. This needs Aspose.Word to output floating text box as table in it’s xml.

OK, Thanks, that makes more sense. Always a difficult question to answer but is it in the development pipeline and which versions of Aspose.Word and Aspose.PDF should I be looking out for?

Hi,

Does this now work? I downloaded the latest versions and Aspose.Pdf is still not printing the floating text boxes?

Thanks

Nick

Dear Nick,

This problem has not be finally solved. In MS Word, text box can have independent vertical and horizontal positioning which is not supported in Aspose.Pdf. I am now working on this issue and I hope I can solve the problem late this month.