We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Mail Merge With Regions from XML - Parent Merge Field inside Nested Table

Hi there,

We are attempting to create some letter templates for a client.

The XML we are binding to has the approximate structure:

Parent 1

We have set up a nested region for the parent and a nested region within this for the child.

The client wants to merge information into the letter body (inside the the child nested region) which are properties of the parent object.

Obviously, I can achieve this by inserting the parent information into the child data, but this would lead to a very large dataset and I would like to avoid this if at all possible.

Is there support for referencing parent merge fields within child nested tables?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, currently, there is no way to use values from parent region in the nested regions. We will consider adding such ability in future. Probably we will provide a special syntax like the following so that you would be able to use values from parent regions:
«TableStart:Parent»
«ParentName»
«TableStart:Child»
« Parent.ParentName »
«ChildName»
«TableEnd: Child »
«TableEnd:Parent»

Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-3276) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I have already got this working by embedding all of the parent information into each child entry and just using a single nested region.

The ability to do include parent information in nested regions would seem to be a good improvement - virtually all of the 20 or so templates we are looking at on this project would make use of this.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great you were able to find what you were looking for. Please let us know any time you have any further queries. Regarding WORDSNET-3276, we will keep you informed of the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi,

Our client is asking for an update on this issue. How can we see the details of WORDSNET-3276 and where it is up to? Are there any workarounds for this at the moment?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. I have verified the status of your issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Moreover, there is no direct way you can track issues by yourself. But, you are welcome to ask the issue status via this thread. We will verify the status from our internal issue tracking system and reply you back.

Best regards,

What’s the status on WORDSNET-3276? Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, WORDSNET-3276 is not resolved yet. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will notify you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3276) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.6 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)