Mail Merging 300 DPI Image Issues

I am attempting to insert a 300 DPI image using the Mail Merge feature with a COM object instantiated from Coldfusion. The problem that I am running into is that the image comes in extremely large and I am wondering if there is anyway to control the size of an image with the Mail Merge feature? I know the solution if we were to use Java is to overload the MergeImageField, however I am lost in how you would go about that in the Coldfusion environment. The high DPI is imperative due to the fact that we are dealing with high quality print pieces and image files where quality is key. Ideally it would be nice if there would be a additional parameter involved with the image:IMAGE_LOCATION that would handle the resize, but I am unsure if anything like that exists. Is there any additional documentation regarding the Mail Merge feature outside of the Java API Reference? On a similar note, what image formats are supported with the Mail Merging image feature?

Thanks,
Intuvo

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can achieve this only using MergeImageField event handler. I am not familiar with Coldfusion MX. But, I think you can create a Java class that would implement MergeFieldEventHandler, compile it and put it in a jar file. Then you will be able to use this jar in your Coldfusion application.
Best regards.

Just an FYI we were able to resolve this another way.

It turns out that Word & Aspose.Java will pay attention to the PNG metadata. So if you create a PNG that is 300px x 300px and set the printable dimension of 1" x 1" it will print 300dpi

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It is perfect that you managed to resolve this issue.
Best regards.