Mail message from chinese suppliers

We fetch mails from a mailbox with the following statement :

Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage MSG = pop3.FetchMessage(iMessageCount);

the mails are saved in the database as an array of bytes. For creating the array of bytes we use the following statement :

msg.Save(ms, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormat);

An administrator can view the mail by fetching the mail from the database and saving it into a .msg file.

For most mail messages it works fine, but for some the administrator views a mail with a lot of strange characters. However, other recipients of the mail see a normal mail. Last example of this problem was a mail from a Chinese supplier.

What could be the problem, what can we do?

Best Regards

Bart Herreman

Hi Bart,

Thank you for inquiry.

Could you please save the message with OutlookMessageFormatUnicode parameter and see if it works?

msg.Save(ms, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);

I use the msg.Save method now with OutlookMessageFormatUnicode and it doesn't help. I have seen that it is not only a problem with mails from Chinese clients/suppliers. Also mails that come from addresses in our country (Belgium) can sometimes be converted to "Chinese" mails.

The problem occurs always with the same addresses (The problem : chinese characters when reading from mail adres with POP3 client of Aspose, normal characters when reading with outlook)

The problem occurs once in a month, but once in a month is too much!!

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You are probably using some older version of Aspose.Network for your email related requirements. We have split the Aspose.Network into two products. Email related functionality is now the part of Aspose.Email component. I suggest you to download the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET v1.2.0 and test your scenario with this latest assembly.

If your problem persists then please share you problematic message as a sample for your review.

Regards,