MailMerge and Cleanup

Regarding the wont fix status of WORDSNET-10938,

Thread: <a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/49888

I have attached a test project, that merges a CSV file with a Word template, using Aspose.Words

Could you please suggest a way of successfully mailmerging the attached dot file,
to end up with the result Word produces? (Resources\MailMergeCleanup\MailMergeTest_Word_Result.doc)

AsposeTest runs the Tests\MailMergeCleanup
MailMergeCleanup parses the CSV file located in Resources\MailMergeCleanup, and executes a mail merge using the template located Resources\MailMergeCleanup and the parameters:

doc.MailMerge.UseNonMergeFields = true;
doc.MailMerge.CleanupOptions =
Aspose.Words.MailMerging.MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveContainingFields |
Aspose.Words.MailMerging.MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveEmptyParagraphs |
Aspose.Words.MailMerging.MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveUnusedFields |
Aspose.Words.MailMerging.MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveUnusedRegions;

Thank you.

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Any news on this?

Is there a place where I can view the status of the ticket?

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no way to produce MS word like output with such template. The template document contains merge fields within IF field. According to the MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveEmptyParagraphs option, paragraphs with this merge fields should become removed, because of their empty result. But Aspose.Words does not do that. I am afraid, we have to postpone the implementation of the fix for now. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Any news on this, taking the original thread into account, it has been a year now.

Hi Jens,

Thanks for being patient. This issue has been resolved. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words 15.9.0 from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,