MailMerge in Word template with several charts

Hello,

we have new request from business to generate word documents with charts. The input template contains the charts and other MailMerge fields. The input dataset contains also tables with data to update charts with the template.

I'm not sure if I've found right documentation but I saw just posts explaining how to generate charts in Excel first and then to drop them into the word as images.

My question is if this is a correct way how to process the charts or if there is a possibility how to "merge" the chart and table to update the graph during the mailmerge process.

Thanks.

Mirek

Hi
Mirek,

Thanks for your inquiry. First of all, please note that currently Aspose.Words does not provide API classes to be able to create charts from scratch and update them with new values. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is available.

Secondly, in your case I would suggest you first save your updated charts as images and you can always use mergefields as placeholders for these chart images in Word template and then insert these images during mail merge. Please follow the link to learn how to achieve this:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-insert-images-from-a-database.html

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

Best Regards,

Thanks very much

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4617) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(34)