Mailmerge/Mergefields in Aspose.slides

Hi,

Do we have merge fields kind of feature in Aspose.Slides? I searched in the docs and in this forum as well but could not find anything about merge fields in Slides. If yes, then please help me with the link to it and if not how can I achieve that? I am thinking of putting predefined texts and replacing them with the actual value.

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and unfortunately have not been able to completely understand that. Can you please elaborate the requirements so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Iā€™m also searching for the same is there any functionality for MailMerge in Aspose.Sildes as we have for Aspose.word Types of Mail Merge Operation in C#|Aspose.Words for .NET

@Hiral201092,

I have observed the information shared by you. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-39307 has been created in our issue tracking system as new feature request to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

Is this enhancement completed? If not how soon we can expect .

@venkat2222,

I regret to inform that this issue is postponed, because of many issues with higher statuses and priorities. The ETA is not earlier then Q4ā€™2018.

Hi Thanks for your quick response. Is there any way to achieve this ? like aspose.word which replaces the merge field with actual value . Is there any other workaround or a way to achieve in PPT.

@venkat2222,

I regret to share that at present there is no workaround that I may offer you at this point of time to serve the purpose on your end.

Is it best practice to use this above method? so i will find the control based on the alternative text and i will do required merge or setting the text of that control .

@venkat2222,

Yes this is one approach to give a user defined name to slide shape that can be even set using PowerPoint as well. Then you can find the desired shape and do the needful later on.

Is the merge field feature still on schedule for Q4 2018 for Aspose.Slides?

@vataspose,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the requested support involve considerable resources and have been postponed owing to other priority issues. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the support will be available.

Is this features implemented?

@venkat2222,

I regret to share that at present the requested support is not available. We request for your patience and will share good news with you as soon as feature will be available.

Hi, we recently bought the license and we already use the mail merge feature in Aspose.Words. Can we know the estimated delivery date of this feature in Aspose.Slides?

@shrey,

At present the requested support is not available in API. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-39307 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once support will be available.

SLIDESNET-39307
Hi Mudassir - Mail merge in PPT is very important for us as well - we recently adopted aspose for generating reports. We noticed that this is in the backlog for last 2yrs.
Can we talk to product manager to escalate and prioritize this story? Please advise.

@nitinkhosla79

I can understand your requirements and product team includes the features requirement in product roadmap by considering many factors. Therefore, I suggest you to please be patient and in case there is urgent requirement, you may enrol your self in paid enterprise support priority service which can ensure more prioritised handling of issues as compared to free support.

@mudassir.fayyaz Priority service, does it mean that this requirement will be prioritized in roadmap if one enrolls in paid support?

Can you kindly request product manager to review this request again and provide thoughts/eta on what is the plan for this requirement?