MailMessage.Bcc field displayed to other recipients when after elm save and load

Hi,

I am using Aspose Email to version 19.2. There is a strange problem when sending mails containing Bcc.

When I send an E-Mail with bcc over Imap server, the other recipients of the E-Mail do not see this BCC field, which is the right behaviour.

WithoutBcc.PNG (2.3 KB)

But when I save my E-Mail in eml format and then send it, the other recipients are able to see that the E-Mail is also sent to the bcc recipient. It appears as “Blind Copy”. This totally defeats the purpose of Bcc. Please find the attached image of the mail received by other recipient.

WithBcc.PNG (2.7 KB)

The portion of code that I use for saving and loading the eml file before sending it via the SMTP server is:

message.setBodyEncoding(StandardCharsets.UTF_8);
EmlSaveOptions emlSaveOptions = new EmlSaveOptions(MailMessageSaveType.getEmlFormat());
emlSaveOptions.setFileCompatibilityMode(FileCompatibilityMode.PreserveTnefAttachments);
emlSaveOptions.setCheckBodyContentEncoding(true);
try (FileOutputStream output_stream = new FileOutputStream(eml_file)) {
message.save(output_stream, emlSaveOptions);
}

and

EmlLoadOptions loadOptions = new EmlLoadOptions();
loadOptions.setPrefferedTextEncoding(StandardCharsets.UTF_8);
MailMessage.load(mail_file.getAbsolutePath(), loadOptions);

I have attached the detailed test case.

AsposeSendMail.zip (6.8 KB)

Could you please investigate the issue?

best regards

Arne

@arne411,

I have observed the information shared by you along with images. An issue with ID EMAILNET-39447 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

best regards

Arne

@arne411,

I like to inform that this has been resolved. Can you please try to use Aspose.Email 19.4 on your end and share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Hi,

It works fine with 19.4. Kindly close the issue.

Thanks and regards

Arne

@arne411,

Thank you for sharing the feedback with us.