MailMessage.Save in Msg format- missing 'on behalf of' information

Hi,

I am saving emails from exchange using the MailMessage.Save() method, I am saving to .msg format.

If an email is sent on behalf of someone else, when I open the saved email in Outlook, I can't see the 'on behalf of' info at the top of the message.

If I save as .eml, I can see this.

If I save the email via Outlook I can also see the info.

Here is the code I am using:-

Sub SaveEmail(id As String)

Dim email As Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.EmailMessage = Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.EmailMessage.Bind(_service, id)
email.Load(New Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.PropertySet(Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.BasePropertySet.FirstClassProperties, _
Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.EmailMessageSchema.MimeContent))

Using ms = New MemoryStream(email.MimeContent.Content)
Dim msg As Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessage = Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessage.Load(ms)

' this does not save the 'on behalf of' information.
msg.Save(Path.GetTempPath & "test.msg", Aspose.Email.Mail.MessageFormat.Msg)

' this does.
msg.Save(Path.GetTempPath & "test.eml", Aspose.Email.Mail.MessageFormat.Eml)
End Using

End Sub

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Graham,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This seems to me an issue with the MailMessage class instead of Exchange behavior. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as NETWORKNET-33902 for further investigation by our development team. I have also linked this thread with the logged ticket so that once the issue is resolved, you will be notified automatically.

Thank you for investigating this Kashif.

I look forward to the fix.

Regards,

Graham

Hi Graham,

As you may see from the status of the associated ticket with this link, we have fixed this issue and the fix will be included in the upcoming version of Aspose.Email for .NET 3.2.0 which will be released by the end of this month. You will be notified automatically once the release is in place and we appreciate your patience in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33902) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.