Maintain Built-in properties of DateTime type in Excel during XLSX to XLS conversion using Aspose.Cells for .NET in C#

Scenario: My application converts XLSX file to XLS format. XLSX file has Last Modified and Created properties set to “1900.01.01 00:00”. sample.zip (4.3 KB)

Issue: After conversion to XLS file date value is changed to “1900.01.01 02:00”. See XLSX to XLS.png (4.7 KB). Think that Last Printed is also affected by this issue.

VM is located in the +2 time zone. So I think it is related to date time kind (UTC, Local, Unspecified).

@licenses,

Thanks for the sample file and screenshot.

Yes, I think the issue can be related to difference in time zone for region/environment. Anyways, we will still evaluate your issue. I guess you attached the output XLS file. Please also attach your template XLSX file, so we could test your issue precisely.

Hi.

I do not have that file now. As I understood, you were able to replicate the issue on your side with the original file I had attached earlier.

BTW, Why I do not see “Issues Status” panel that shows the status of the ticket registered in your bug tracking system?

@licenses,

We have tried to reproduce this issue using different time zones and different sample files but could not reproduce it. All the files show time according to the system time zone configuration before and after saving them. Could you please provide us source file which is loaded for testing along with the detailed steps to reproduce this issue? It is not possible to provide assistance without reproducing the issue here.

Retested issue no my side. Replicated the issue. Then updated Aspose.Cells to the latest version.

It seems that the issue has already been fixed.

I am sorry for not having tested with the latest version before creating ticket.

Thanks.

@licenses,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by latest version/fix. Moreover, it is always better to use latest version/fix because it includes more enhancements and fixes. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.