Make classes in Aspose.Pdf.Kit COMVisible

I need to call Aspose.Pdf.Kit Component from Native Code (C++).

I tried to use RegASM tool to get tlb file of Aspose.Pdf.Kit, but all class methods or properties are not visible.

Is it possible to make all of them COMVisible?

Thanks.

Hi Jason,

We have already logged a related issue as PDFKITNET-16621
in our issue tracking system. Our team is working on it and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved. However, in the mean while can you please share which classes and methods you’re unable to access via COM Interop? Moreover, you can create a wrapper in a .NET language and then access it via COM interop; this can make things even simpler for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thanks for your reply. For now I only can see enum values and class list. All methods and properties of class are not visible.

I am trying to create wrapper class for my own use.

Hi Jason,

I think you’re referring to the view of the methods in the object browser. In fact, the methods and properties can be accessed via COM interop like PdfFileInfo.Save and PdfFileInfo.Save_2 etc, as mentioned on this link. However, it would be easier if you create a wrapper, containing most of the logic to use Aspose.Pdf.Kit, and then use that wrapper in the C++ app. Nevertheless, our team will further investigate this issue and you’ll be updated accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Well, as you said, I could use methods and properties of Aspose.Pdf.Kit in C++ via COM iterop. But it's so hard to figure out how to use it w/o any references.

So I have to continue working on my own wrapper dll.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Jason,

I have logged it as PDFKITNET-17605 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. Our team will look into this in detail and you’ll be updated accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,