We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Make "password protected" error message more clear

Once a call cannot be executed because the file is password protected, we get the message “An error has occurred”. We have no clue what the actual problem is based on that.

Please make the error messages more clear, so we can actually do something with the exception message. Concerning the password protection, please make the error message something like “File is password protected.”.

Maybe you could think about some other messages that would help developers?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your sample password protected document here for testing (please also share the password for this document)? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais, creating such document is quite easy but here you go, attached it to the topic. The password to open the file is: password

All conversions that result into an error have the message “An error has occured”, this used to be different before. Can you explain why there is only one error message? Is it because we are using the Words library now?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSCLOUD-50. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-50) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Cloud update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Awais,

We hereby can confirm that the message is more clear now. The return message now is:

{“Message”:“The document password is incorrect.”}

So, based on that message I assume that we could pass the password to the API? Can you provide a code sample / API documentation about that? Then I can improve the PHP SDK with that feature.

Would be great if we are able to convert password protected files.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Richard:
So, based on that message I assume that we could pass the password to the API? Can you provide a code sample / API documentation about that? Then I can improve the PHP SDK with that feature.

Would be great if we are able to convert password protected files.
Unfortunately, Aspose.Words for Cloud currently does not support this feature. We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system as WORDSCLOUD-64. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-64) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Cloud update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.