We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Making the excel(created from back end) visible to the user

Hi,

What property of the aspose.cells should be used for making the excel visible to the user. Note: this excel will be created from back end agent. This will enable the user to save the file as per thier need.

Also I would like to know whether the properties and methods for a particular class are same in all languages or not?

Thanks. Naresh

Hi,

Well, I am not clear about your query. Do you need the generated file (by Aspose.Cells for .NET) to open into MS Excel / client browser or saving the generated file prompting the user on his end. I think you can do as follows:

1). In .NET (C#/VB), you can use Workbook.Save() method.

e.g..,

[C#] workbook.Save("Book1.xls", FileFormatType.Default, SaveType.OpenInExcel, Response);

[VB] workbook.Save("Book1.xls", FileFormatType.Default, SaveType.OpenInExcel, Response)

2). And, in the COM clients (Aspose.Cells for .NET via COM) i.e.., using vbscript / javascript etc., you can add the following lines after saving the workbook to streams

'Save the document to the stream
Dim stream
set stream = xls.SaveToStream()
Response.Clear
'
Specify the document type
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"

'Other options:
'
Response.ContentType = "text/plain"
'Response.ContentType = "text/html"

'
Specify how the document is sent to the browser.
Response.AddHeader "content-disposition","attachment; filename=MyBook.xls"

'Another option could be:
'
Response.AddHeader "content-disposition","inline; filename=MyBook.xls";
'Get data bytes from the stream and send it to the response.

Dim bytes
bytes = stream.ToArray()
Response.BinaryWrite(bytes)
Response.End

Also I would like to know whether the properties and methods for a particular class are same in all languages or not?

Well, if a .NET method (if it is an overloaded method) has a list of overloaded versions, so, when you want to use the method in other (non .NET languages) languages like vbscript, javascript lotusscript etc. this method will be splitted to number of methods e.g.., suffix added to the method names i.e.., MethodName_1, MethodName_2,....... and so on, it depends on the method overloaded list.

And, please check the doc topic if it provides some references:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/accessing-component-from-com-clients.html

Thank you.

where can I see the complete list of overloaded versions for the Aspose.Cells methods.

Hi,

We will soon provide you the corresponding list of the overloaded Aspose.Cells 's classes methods for your need, so, you may use them in other languages like vbscript, lotusscript etc via COM.

Thank you.

It would be very helpful if I can get the methods list befor this year end. As I need to submit the feasibility report by 31-Dec.

Thanks in Advance.

Is it possible to give the methods list befor 31st-Dec-2008 ?

Thanks.

Hi,

We are preparing it and will provide you soon before Dec 31, 2008.

Thank you.

After you install the setup msi, you can see a chm file in the installed folder. It inclues all API reference of Aspose.Cells.

Or you can view it online: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/aspose.cells-for-.net-api-reference.html . Does it serve your need?

Hi,

Please download the attached .zip file which includes the latest Aspose.Cells for .NET version 4.6.0.4 and the corresponding TLB file for your requirement.

Please view/browse the TLB file, you may use the Microsoft OleView tool (oleview.exe command line utility). The easiest way to download it is from: `http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9D467A69-57FF-4AE7-96EE-B18C4790CFFD&displaylang=en`.

For the overload methods, you can easily check the description and other info for the overloaded method versions described with the suffix in the format such as, e.g.., Method_Name, Method_Name_2, Method_Name_3, Method_Name_4 and so on..... Please go through the complete details for Aspose.Cells APIs i.e.., the attributes, methods, enums, structs, classes/interfaces etc. for your need.

Also, you can directly use Visual Studio to open the tlb file and view the corresponding details including interface definitions.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot!

I got the whole overloaded methods list. But still I'm facing issues in using the same. Will post my queries as it comes.

Thanks again,

Naresh