Mapi Bounced

Hello,
Is it possible that MapiMessage.CheckBounced.IsBounced is True and:
CheckBounced.Recipient
CheckBounced.Status
CheckBounced.Reason
Are all empty strings, in addition to:
CheckBounced.Action is also None?
If so, what kind of bounce is that, which does not provide any info?
Test message is attached :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds

We suggest you please read the following article.
Processing of Bounced Messages

Please share the input message file here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you information on it.

1 Like

Delivered.zip (45.7 KB)
Here it goes :slight_smile:

Hello, @australian.dev.nerds

If so, what kind of bounce is that, which does not provide any info?

just my guess:

• there is no unified report form for Delivery Status Notification emails, it depends on the particular mail server
  • Aspose.Email compares the report form of the email to be checked with the most used forms and fills in the BounceResult.
  • likely the report form in your message is rarely used, or it’s something new :slight_smile:)

I have created the EMAILNET-40864 ticket for that.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello and thank you very much for stepping in, nice to have you here :slight_smile:
I was wondering how is it possible that IsBounced = True but all other properties are blank, I mean what kind of bounce is that, in addition, I found more different samples, not sure if needed to submit them or not?
Best

@australian.dev.nerds

in addition, I found more different samples, not sure if needed to submit them or not?

Various users samples are always helpful data for devs. So, please submit them :slight_smile:
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve collected many samples, all samples will return true for: MapiMessage.CheckBounced.IsBounced = True
But with black or invalid or wrong data for:
CheckBounced.Action / CheckBounced.Reason / CheckBounced.Recipient / CheckBounced.Status
bounce samples.zip (1.4 MB)

@australian.dev.nerds

Thank you, I have attached the samples to the ticket for investigation.