MapiCalendar Recurrence Exceptions

We’ve been using the MapiCalendar objects, specifically their Recurrence field. It seems to work correctly, but there is no way to know about any Exceptions.

For example, in my attached event, it occurs every day for a week, except the 2nd occurrence is cancelled. With MapiCalendar.Recurrence, there doesn’t seem to be any indication of this exception. It looks like the RecurrencePattern simply does not store data for this.

I have once again appended “.zip” to the end of my attachment to allow it to be posted.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

Can you please make sure if you have attached the correct Calendar file with us? We can’t find any information of exceptions as mentioned by you and shared in the attached screenshot. Please share your feedback with us for further assistance about this issue.

You haven’t attached a screenshot, but I just re-downloaded the msg file, added it to my calendar, and verified that the appointment on the 18th is cancelled (an exception).

If I mapped this event series (or any other event series) into a MapiCalendar, how can I extract the exceptions? It would be very helpful if you could provide a small code sample.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the additional information.

We have analyzed your sample file and found that the recurrence is indeed missing on 18th. However, neither MS Outlook shows such information in the recurrence window (only shows on specified date that the recurrence is missing) nor we can find such information using the Aspose.Email API. Can you please share with us how this calendar item was created? This will help us reproduce the same at Aspose.Email end and share our feedback with you.

We created it by making the recurring appointment for one week, deleting the occurrence on the 18th, then re-saving the series.

Looking into the MapiCalendar’s Properties, I see that the date 11/18/2015 is the value of the Property with ID = 32790. It doesn’t have a name, though, and I can’t seem to find documentation of a property with this id online, so I don’t know if it’s related to the exception or not.

Hi,

Thank you for providing more information. I have checked the scenario and observed that the exception dates are not available in public API for MapiCalendar. This enhancement is logged under Id:EMAILNET-35037 for further investigation by the product team. I shall write he as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35038) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan