MapiContactPhoto not working if stored in PST

What I am trying to achieve is make a PST of Contacts from our Active Directory and retrieving photos from our SharePoint 2013 profile. The resulting PST almost works... however, if I do:
Dim Photo As New MapiContactPhoto(PhotoData, MapiContactPhotoImageFormat.Jpeg)
contact.Photo = Photo

and then save that contact into a pst folder using AddMapiMessageItem the photo is not present when the PST file is imported. It is present if you simply open the PST but does not survive being copied and pasted.

If I also specifically attach the photo using:
contact.Attachments.Add("ContactPicture.jpg", PhotoData)

This then displays the photo however there are then two attachments - one of which is visible to the user.

I think I need to set some properties of attachment(0) (i.e. the one created in contact.Photo = Photo).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
David.

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing your concern with Aspose support team.

The issue is with the importing of the PST which loses the Photo data from the MapiContact. I was able to observe this issue and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34552 in our bug tracking system for further investigation by our development team. We’ll notify you here once there is some information available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34552) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.