MapiMessage.InternetMessageId null for EML files

I am experiencing an issue with Aspose.Email 4.0.

using (var mailMessage = MailMessage.Load(diskPath, isEmlx ? MessageFormat.Emlx : MessageFormat.Eml))

using (var mapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(mailMessage))

{

ProcessMapiItem(mapiMessage);

}

I am loading and processing EML files like shown above. The Message-ID header is contained in both mailMessage.Headers and mapiMessage.Headers. The mailMessage.MessageID property contains a valid value. However mapiMessage.InternetMessageId property is null. Is this expected?

Thanks,

Reuben

Hi Reuben,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

MapiMessage.InternetMessageId is populated from property PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID. As this property is not present there in properties set of the resultant MSG file after conversion from MailMessage, therefore InternetMessageId is set to null and is an expected behavior.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

Thanks Kashif,

Since the headers are available in both the
original email and the MapiMessage and they both contain a Message-ID
header I expected the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID to return the value. Is
there a reason why it doesn’t?

Regards,

Reuben

Hi Reuben,

Could you please share a sample message file with us for our investigation purpose? We need to observe the issue in light of user’s sample data and appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

I have attached an example EML file. The Message-ID header is contained in mapiMessage.Headers, while mapiMessage.InternetMessageId is null.

Thanks

Hi Reuben,

Thank you for providing the sample EML file.

I was able to observe the issue you have mentioned with the sample EML file and have logged it for further investigation by our development team with id: NETWORKNET-34337. We’ll notify you here once there is more information available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34337) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.