Master recurrent event and modified occurrences relations not supported in PST

Hi,
I have use case where I have master recurrent event and I have also modified occurrences of that event.
When I load those events to PST master and it’s modified occurrences are displayed as separate recurrent event (kinda duplication, number of duplications depends on number of modified occurrences). But logic should be that modified occurrence should replace the master recurrent event on the date / time of the occurrence and not to create duplicated recurrent event.

Doing this with same events in the exchange (EWS) works perfectly fine.

Please advise if your library supports this and if not when do you plan to support this.
Thanks

@slavago,

Could you please assist us with a sample events sample file along with your code sample that you are trying for adding to PST file? We believe you mean simple PST file when you refer to PST master. If it’s not so, please elaborate your scenario more with some pre and post addition images with us.

Let’s start with the scenario, there’s an even (master recurrent) and there’s few modified occurrences for that master (location change or time). How can I add those modified occurrences to that master recurrent event ?
I tried to use MapiCalendar.getRecurrence().getRecurrencePattern() to add exception, butWhen I’m loading event into MapiCalendar (by Appointment.load) the MapiCalendar.getRecurrence().getRecurrencePattern() return null, even that event is recurrent master. So, I don’t know how to proceed.

Thanks

@slavago,

Can you please have a look at our documentation article, modifying/deleting occurrences from Recurrence pattern, and share if that is helpful to you? If not, please share complete sample code with us that you are trying at our end for helping us identify the issue for investigation.

Well, thanks for the example.
In your example you creates recurrent pattern from in the code, in my case the event is loaded by Appointment.load and when after converting it to the MapiCalendar MapiCalendar.getRecurrence().getRecurrencePattern() returns null, so I can’t modify and add any exception.
Could you please check why MapiCalendar.getRecurrence().getRecurrencePattern() returns null ? If it’ll not return null then I can add exceptions, otherwise I need to implement recurrent logic that I guess is already implemented by you.

Thanks

@slavago,

The unknown step is how you are converting Appointment to MapiCalendar as there is no direct method of ICS file conversion to MapiCalendar in the API. Please share your sample code that you are using for this conversion. This will help us investigate the issue thoroughly for assisting you further.

Sure, please see:
Appointment app = Appointment.load(Files.newInputStream(Paths.get("/path_to_event_file")));
final MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
msg.addAlternateView(app.requestApointment());
final MapiMessage mapi = MapiMessage.fromMailMessage(msg, options);
final MapiCalendar tmpCal = (MapiCalendar) mapi.toMapiMessageItem();

Thanks

@slavago,

We have tested this at our end with a sample appointment ICS file having daily recurrence pattern and tmCal.getRecurrence(). getRecurrencePattern() is not null at our end. Could you please share your sample ICS file with us for further investigation at our end? We’ll look into it for assisting you further.

You’re totally right, my bad did a wrong check.
Thanks

@slavago,

No worries and you are welcome to ask any other query related to Aspose.Email.