MasterHandoutSlideEx

I am trying to modify header/footer text on handout page (see screenshot), but after setting text to new value and saving it back to pptx file - I don’t see that particular text changed.
I can see in documentation class is marked as ReadOnly. Question is: will modification of this content will be supported in future, do you already have feature request pending for this in your issue DB?

Similar question for MasterNotesSlideEx: is modification of this item is supported? will it be? any timeline?

Thank you

MasterHandoutSlideEx masterHandoutSlideEx = presentation.getMasterHandoutSlide();
if (null != masterHandoutSlideEx)
{
AutoShapeEx myHeader = (AutoShapeEx)masterHandoutSlideEx1.getShapes().get_Item(0);
myHeader.getTextFrame().setText(“HI there new header”);
presentation.save(“c:\modified.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides. I have observed the requirement shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.7.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample presentation with us along with sample code. I will create a ticket for your convenience in our issue tracking system.

Many Thanks,

I observe the same results with Aspose.Slides for Java 7.7.0. When I attempt to change handout footer/header - changes are not saved back into file.

For your convenience code snippet and file is attached:
PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(source);

MasterHandoutSlideEx masterHandoutSlideEx = presentation.getMasterHandoutSlide();
if (null != masterHandoutSlideEx1)
{
AutoShapeEx myHeader = (AutoShapeEx)masterHandoutSlideEx .getShapes().get_Item(0);
String tmpString = myHeader.getTextFrame().getText();
PlaceholderEx placeholderEx = myHeader.getPlaceholder();
int plType = placeholderEx.getType();
presentation.save(“c:\test\handout_test.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

Hi Andrey,

I have worked with the sample code shared by you and like to share that it is working for Handout Masters. Please observe the attached image for your kind reference. I have used the following sample code on my end. I have also attached the generated presentation for reference.

public static void Tesmaster()
{
PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(“D:\Aspose Data\handout_header_footer.pptx”);

if (null != masterHandoutSlideEx)
{
AutoShapeEx myHeader = (AutoShapeEx)masterHandoutSlideEx .getShapes().get_Item(0);
String tmpString = myHeader.getTextFrame().getText();

AutoShapeEx myFooter = (AutoShapeEx)masterHandoutSlideEx .getShapes().get_Item(2);
String tmpString2 = myFooter.getTextFrame().getText();
myFooter.getTextFrame().setText(“HI there new footer”);

PlaceholderEx placeholderEx = myHeader.getPlaceholder();
int plType = placeholderEx.getType();
presentation.save(“D:\Aspose Data\handout_test.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

}

Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

I got it. You looked directly into Master Handout. And I can see there changes of handout header/footer as well.
I, on the other hand, checked other place for handout changes: Insert/HeaderFooter/Notes and Handouts - you will notice that text there has not been changed to new text ( that is what my screenshot shows).
Since handout header/footer is changed, then it’s not important for us. But maybe you should consider changing the text in that menu as well.
Thank you.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback. What I have perceived from your feedback here is that the applied header and footer text is getting set in MasterHandoutSlideEx but not reflected in actual slide. Am I right? If this is the question then I like to share that since you have the header and footer for MasterHandoutSlideEx, you can view the effect of its application in Handout view as shown in the attached image. If there is another requirement or I have misinterpreted then kindly share the desired output presentation and snapshot highlighting the requirement so that I may help you further. Please also share that by changing the text in menu, what do you mean.

Many Thanks,

>>What I have perceived from your feedback
here is that the applied header and footer text is getting set in
MasterHandoutSlideEx but not reflected in actual slide. Am I right?
Nope. It is set on MasterHandoutSlideEx and reflected in Handout Master view and when printed - printed correctly. Everything is ok here.

The only thing that is not changed to new values - text in the menu, provided on screenshot, the place what I actually use to set up handout header/footer. When I created this topic I thought that handout header/footers were not updated at all. I thought so because I looked exactly at this menu to verify that handout header/footers were changed and that was incorrect.

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the elaboration. I have got your requirement that the changed header/footer values are actually not visible in Header Footer Manager dialog of PowerPoint. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34093 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be addressed. I also like to share that the set header/footer values are actually getting displayed on the respective slide view as shared by me in the snapshot shared in my previous post.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34093) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34093) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.