May I encrypt a pdf using a certificate?

Hi to everybody

I would like to encrypt a pdf using a digital certificate. At the documentation I saw only the way to do it by the use of a password.

Is it possible to do it?

Thank you!

Hi JOSE MARIA,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

Please provide some more details about your requirement. If your requirement is to digitally sign your PDF documents using certificate, please see the following documentation link. with details and sample codes.

Add Digital Signature in a PDF File (Facades)

If in case you have a different requirement, we would appreciate if you can provide more details and preferably share your desired PDF file with certificate to give us an idea about what you want.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Nausherwan and thanks for your answer.

What I want to do, is encrypt a pdf document using a digital certificate, preferably one of the located at the windows certificate stores. I want also to control the permissions granted to the user that have installed the certificate used to encrypt the pdf

Regards,

Hi JOSE MARIA,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

I am afraid your requested feature is not supported at the moment. However, I have created a new feature request in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33384. Our development team will further look into this issue and analyze if this feature can be support. We will notify you via this forum thread regarding any update against this feature.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Nausherwan Aslam and thank you for your answer.

Ok, don't warry. I hope that in a close future this feature will be included to your product.

Regards,