We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Memory Leak Loading PPTX with embedded Excel chart

I have a powerpoint presentation, which has a single slide with a single Excel linked chart in it. When I try to open this presentation using Aspose.Slides v15.6.0.0, it takes a very long time and consumes gigabytes of RAM. Eventually it will throw an OutOfMemoryException. Attached is a zip file containing a demo console project in visual studio / C#, as well as the powerpoint demo file. Just build & run the demo to see it break.

We have run into this with numerous other powerpoints which contain excel linked charts; however it does not seem to happen every single time there is a linked chart.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please share with us the environment details on your end so that we may investigate it further on our end to help you out.

Best Regards,

I have Windows 7 Professional 64bit, SP1, running on 2 4-core intel xeons, 32 gigs of ram.

Have you tried running my attached application which demonstrates the issue? Were you not able to reproduce it?

Hi,

I have observed your comments and worked with the sample application shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue on my end. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-36766 has been logged into our issue management system for further investigation and resolution of this issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Oh great, thanks so much Adnan!

I was just wondering if there might be any update on this issue, if it’s source has been identified, or if I might get a timeframe on when a fix might be available?

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the issue reported by you, SLIDESNET-36766, has been investigated and we have found the reason of the issue. However, the issue has not been scheduled for resolution. I have requested our product team to share the ETA for this issue and we will update you as soon as it is shared by our Product team. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I would like to share with you that the ETA for the issue SLIDESNET-36766 is, Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.10.0 whose tentative date of release is the first week of December 2015. We will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36766) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.