Memory Usage?

One of the areas we are investigating the Aspose component is for complex server-side Word Merge operations.
We have some areas of concern in this area including Memory usage – it would not be uncommon for our customers to run bulk Word Merges with 20,000+ records. Our initial investigation has shown that memory does not appear to scale particularly well.
Can you offer some suggestions or tips to help improve the speed please?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Support can you offer some help???

microway_sydney:
One of the areas we are investigating the Aspose component is for complex server-side Word Merge operations.
We have some areas of concern in this area including Memory usage – it would not be uncommon for our customers to run bulk Word Merges with 20,000+ records. Our initial investigation has shown that memory does not appear to scale particularly well.
Can you offer some suggestions or tips to help improve the speed please?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your request. Memory usage depends on document size, format and document’s content. Usually Aspose.Words needs few times more memory than document size to build model of the document in memory.
Also, I would like to say that producing huge MS Word documents is not very good practice. Ms Word does not like huge documents. Usually it takes a lot of time to open such documents in MS Word and sometimes MS Word just hangs. Normal size of MS Word documents is 100 – 200 pages.
The only way to improve speed, I can suggest you, is running document processing in multiple threads, i.e. process each document in separate thread. Processing of the single document will take the same time in this case, but if you will process multiple document in multiple threads simultaneously, performance will be better.
Best regards.