We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Merge field could not be merged in nested if field in footer or header

I used Aspose.Words for Java 14.8 and found this case:

I have a field {IF {PAGE * MERGEFORMAT}={NUMPAGES * MERGEFORMAT} {IF {MERGEFIELD A}=“condition” “True” “False”} “”} in the footer. When doing merge, the {MERGEFIELD A} did not get merged.

Attached the test template.

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10897. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks for your response. One more thing needs to be mentioned: I test with aspose 13.7 and it worked well.
Would I know when will this problem be fixed? Thanks!

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team is currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the exact root cause of this problem. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we will then be able to share the ETA. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Do we have any updates on this issue?

Thanks!

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue is no longer reproducible with the latest version of Aspose.Words. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words 14.9.0 from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,
I tested with 14.9 and the problem still exists. I checked with ‘All Changes’ list in 14.9 and did not find the WORDSNET-10897 in the list.
Thanks!

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for being patient. The issue has now been resolved and it’s fix will be included in Aspose.Words 14.10.0 (next version). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this release is published. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10897) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

I did a test with Aspose.Words for Java 14.10 and the problem is still there. Could you help to follow on this issue?

Thanks!

Do you have any statistic how long will take you to fix this type of

regression issue on average? We reported this issue on Oct 16th and

we were told repeatedly the issue has been fixed in 14.9 and then

later 14.10. But to our disappointment the issue persists in 14.10

Your release note also indicated this bug was “fixed” twice. Wondering

what is the quality control you have for such type of regression

defects.

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. You are right. The fix to WORDSNET-10897 issue was not integrated in Aspose.Words 14.10.0 release. To look into this problem further, we have logged a new issue WORDSNET-11031 in our issue tracking system. We will inform you as soon as this new issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Are there any updates on this issue?

Thanks

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for your inquiry. The fix has been included in Aspose.Words 14.11.0 and you can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11031) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.