Merge Presentation and PresentationX Apis

Is it planned to merge the functionalities of the presentation and presentationx apis, so that only one api is needed to hanlde both ppt and pptx with all features available for both file types? If so, for which release is this planned?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirement shared by you and like to share that at the moment we are working over unification of Aspose.Slides Api for both PPT and PPTX. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-13419 has been added in our issue tracking system for this. The feature is likely to be available by end of Q2 of 2013. For the time being, I would suggest you to please try using PresentationEx as it can handle PPT as well and you can convert PPT to PPTX using PresentationEx.

Many Thanks,

Hi.

That new unified .NET API that you mentioned drew my attention. :slight_smile:
Can you tell me if the new .NET API that you mention will use the existing PPTX classes or new ones?
(It would be nice if someone didn’t have to change his old code for PPTX generation.)

Thanks,
Kostas

Hi Kostas,

I like to share that the new merged API is at present in build and verification process. Yes, there will be classes names difference in new API as there will be now single code base for both PPT and PPTX. However, I assure you that the changes are not that much complex and any one having the knowledge of API can easily port his code w.r.t to new API. Also, we will update the online docs w.r.t new API for customers convenience when the product release will be made.

Many Thanks,