Merge Signed PDF files from DB

I tried to use your aspose.pdf. to merge two or more signed PDF files from oracle database at runtime, but it seems after using your api to remove signature, I need to save the removed signatured PDFs as new PDFs, then merge them.As the merge happens at runtime, is it possible you can provide a way to skip save step and merge removed signtured PDFs? (following code is currently use)

PdfFileSignature pdfSign=new PdfFileSignature();

pdfSign.bindPdf(f1);

ArrayList names1=pdfSign.getSignNames();

pdfSign.removeSignature("signName");

pdfSign.save("*.pdf") or outputstream // new pdf

then do merge

Or can I just using your api to convert pdfs to images and merge them as PDF?

Hi Jerry,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I think, in your scenario, you can save the output from the PdfFileSignature’s Save method to a MemoryStream. This way you won’t have to save the file to the disk.

Moreover, I’m sorry to inform you that you can’t merge the images using PDF files. However, you can add an image to an existing PDF file using AddImage method.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thanks for quick reply.

Save in memory works for me, but when I moved similar code to my local weblogic server (same desktop, before just stand alone java program), using PdfEditor's concatenate method, I got java.lang.NullPointerException, is there any licence issue? or weblogic compatible issue? please advise.

pdfEditor.concatenate(inputOrs[0], inputOrs[1], outStream);

When using concatenate method, just want to confirm, input is not only restricted to FileInputStream, I can use any type of InputStream, right?

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

The weblogic shouldn’t be a problem. Are you having the problem with a file which works fine with your standalone java application, or this is new file? If the file is different and you’re having problem with it, then please share the PDF file with us, so we could test the issue at our end. There might be some problem due to the particular contents or origin of the PDF file.

Moreover, you can use FileInputStream or ByteArrayInputStream as input streams and FileOutputStream or ByteArrayOutputStream as output streams. Which type of input stream are you using?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,