We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Merged cell content disappears when rows are filtered

Hello, I’ve found some viewing/rendering/converting issues with
XLS worksheet with merged cell and data filtering.

I’ve attached some sample data to this post.
Will you please check these issues ?

Sample worksheet:

—begin----
A B C
1 Project TASK STATUS
2 A A1 OPEN
3 * A2 DONE
4 B B1 DONE
5 * B2 OPEN
6 C C1 OPEN
—end-----
* means “merged with the cell above”


========Issue #1=======
When the above sample worksheet is filtered with STATUS=OPEN,
it looks like this with Excel.

A B C
1 Project TASK STATUS
2 A A1 OPEN
5 B B2 OPEN
6 C C1 OPEN

but Aspose cells converts it to a PDF
without the Project Name “B”

A B C
1 Project TASK STATUS
2 A A1 OPEN
5 B2 OPEN
6 C C1 OPEN

Even though the top row (A4) is filtered out,
you should display the content of the top cell(A4)
in the next visible cell (A5).

========Issue #2=======
Aspose Cells converts the above sample data to a HTML
like this:(for row 5, tables cells are 1 column shifted to left)
A B C
1 Project TASK STATUS
2 A A1 OPEN
5 B2 OPEN
6 C C1 OPEN

This time (with HTML converter),
You should also shift the content of A4 to A5.

FYI:This issue is common to both xls and xlsx .

Thank you.

Hi Kunikazu,

Thank you for reporting these problem to us.

We are able to observe both problem as mentioned in your post while using your provided samples and latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.2.3. Appropriate tickets have been logged in our bug tracking system with following details,

  • CELLSNET-42438: logged for HTML conversion where merged cells disappear making adjacent cells to shift.
  • CELLSNET-42439: logged for PDF conversion where contents of merged cells disappear

Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issue. (i.e CELLSNET-42438)

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.1.3 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42438) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42439) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.