Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Merged cells becoming unmerged when exporting to Excel 2007

We are evaluating the Aspose.Cells SSRS rendering extensions to give us the ability to export to Excel 2007 and I just ran into an issue that I am hoping you can help me out with.

The report was designed in SSRS 2008 and uses a Matrix to pivot the data.

Attached you will find the same report exported twice to Excel 2007 ( I have removed the data from the resulset). V1 was run with a resulset of 100,000 rows and V2 was only run with a resultset of 1,000 rows.

As you can on the version with 1,000 rows (V2), the pivoted headers display properly. On the V1 version those columns are unmerged and display as individual columns.

For some reason when I have a large resultset any column groupings become unmerged.

I am not sure if this has something to do with the trial version I downloaded. The dll version is 1.7.0.0.

thanks,

Carlos

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Cells for RS.

Please also provide your RDL files to investigate this issue. You can also try the latest version Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.26 (SSRS 2008 R2) and give us your feedback.

Thanks.

Here is the rdl. Also We use SSRS 2008 not SSRS 2008 R2.

Hi,

We had checked your report define file and found it.

Please modify the Textbox4 report item width the same as the first column width of Tablix1 .

And update the least version Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.32 (SSRS 2008).

Copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder: ${ SSRS 2008 installation folder} \Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

I updated the dll, however, the dynamic columns are still unmerged whenever I export into Excel 2007. Making the width change to Textbox4 fixed the extra column on the left, however, my issue is with the dynamic section (i.e. the color coded section on the right). As you can see from the original 2 Excel exports I attached, a large recordset unmerges the Column Group Headings (Excel file with the V1 name). A small recordset does not. (Excel file with the V2 name)

Hi ,

Please
reference following content to modify performance configuration information at
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml
file.

==============================================================================================

<Performance
value=“ON” IsAutoRowFit =“True” IsMerged=“
True LimitCellsNumberForMerged=“999999999 IsSetStyle=“True”
IsConditionalFormatting =“False”>

















==============================================================================================

Hi,

Please note:
When IsMerged is set to false, MS Excel report would be rendered with un-merged cells.
When Cells Number value is more than default value, MS Excel report would be rendered as unmerged too. So, you need to reset the LimitCellsNumberForMerged value accordingly.

Thank you.

Thank you all for your help.

Adding the LimitCellsNumberForMerged="999999999" entry to the XML file worked.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that LimitCellsNumberForMerged attribute has fulfilled your needs.

Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to help you asap.