Merged Cells lost on paste

Hi,

We are in the process of replacing excel with Aspose. However I have come across an example where the code is behaving differently and I was hoping you could help.

I have a spreadsheet that has merged cells in one row across two columns (Row 2 Column A & B). I want to insert an additional 3 columns in between the merged cells so that I end up with a merged cell across 5 columns. This part works OK. I then want to paste the contents of the first column into the 3 new columns. In excel this works leaving the single merged call across five columns. In aspose the merged cell is lost when I paste. (Note: I tried with no options and paste all options)

Attached is the initial workbook with the original sheet as well as the manually created sheet of what I want it to look like. Also attached are two other workbooks. One created via Aspose and the other created via Excel.

Any advice you can offer to get Aspose to behave the same as excel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Julie

Aspose code to replicate is as follows:

Dim loWB As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook("C:\temp\mergedcells.xlsx")
        Dim loSheet As Aspose.Cells.Worksheet = loWB.Worksheets(0)
        loWB.Worksheets.Add()
        Dim loNewSheet As Aspose.Cells.Worksheet = loWB.Worksheets(2)
        loNewSheet.Copy(loSheet)
        loNewSheet.Name = "Aspose version"

loNewSheet.Cells.InsertColumns(1, 3)

Dim loPasteFromRange As Aspose.Cells.Range = loNewSheet.Cells.CreateRange(0, 1, True)
        Dim loPasteToRange As Aspose.Cells.Range = loNewSheet.Cells.CreateRange(1, 3, True)
        loPasteToRange.Copy(loPasteFromRange)

loWB.Save("C:\temp\mergedcells_aspose.xlsx")
        loWB = Nothing

Equivalent Excel Code I am trying to replace:

Dim loWB As Excel.Workbook = ExcelAppn.Workbooks.Open("C:\temp\mergedcells.xlsx")
        Dim loSheet As Excel.Worksheet = loWB.Sheets(1)
        loSheet.Copy(After:=loWB.Sheets(loWB.Sheets.Count))
        Dim loNewSheet As Excel.Worksheet = loWB.Sheets(3)
        loNewSheet.Name = "Excel version"

loNewSheet.Cells.Range("B:B", "D:D").Insert()

Dim loPasteToRange As Excel.Range = loNewSheet.Range("B:B", "D:D")
        Dim loPasteFromRange As Excel.Range = loNewSheet.Range("A:A", "A:A")
        loPasteFromRange.Copy(loPasteToRange)

loWB.SaveAs("C:\temp\mergedcells_excel.xlsx")

loWB.Close()
        loWB = Nothing

mergedcells.zip (19.4 KB)

@t1jsw

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45792 - Merged cells lost on copy paste the column to next columns

@t1jsw,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45792) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.12 update.

Please also check the following article:

Thanks Amjad. That has fixed our issue.

@t1jsw

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.