Merged cells vs empty cells in the grid

Hi,

We are converting an excel spreadsheet to xml, transforming the worksheet data to a CALS spec table using XSLT.

We have an issue with the rowspan & merged cells. The worksheet data has the correct rowspan info, but the cells that are within the merged region are not null.

There's a fault in the XSLT which does not account for "morerows" attribute (the rowspan), but that can be fixed easily in the xslt. Its the extra cells that are present in the worksheet.

Is there a way to differentiate between an empty cell (or row) in the grid and a cell (or row) that has been merged and is no longer a cell (or row)?

For example if row 43 is merged with row 44, the worksheet will still return a row 44 object that is not null.

We are currently using an old version of Aspose.Cells and I'm in the midst of upgrading it to v7, however I believe I am getting this result in that version a well. Will confirm, but I wanted to get this question out for feedback as we have this issue in our production systems.

Regards

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your issue description and using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us some simple excel file and sample code as well as screenshots illustrating your issue in detail. These things will help us understand your requirements more closely and precisely and we will help you asap.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks. It turns out the issue was with the custom code wrapping the aspose lib. The merged range of cells were correctly returned.

Regards

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that you were able to sort out this issue. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.