Merged Document just shows login screen

Hello,

On one computer only, and just started today, when we merge a document the document loads but instead of the text it just has the login screen for our database as a word file.

I assume the document thinks it is not logged in somehow and asks for a login?

I have tried a few things, restarting machine, logging off and on again, clearing temporary internet files etc.

It works fine on every other computer.

Any suggestions? Could it be a security setting?

Many thanks

Hi James,

Thanks for your query. I have tried to understand your problem statement but unfortunately I have not completely understand it. Please explain your issue in detail. It would be great If you share your documents which you want to merge for investigation purposes.

Hello,

Thank you for quick reply.

MS Word crashes when it loads so I cannot save the document so have uploaded a screen shot.

That is all that loads, then Word crashes.

Thanks

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing the information. It is a bit difficult to get full information of your issue from shared image. Please share your code investigation purposes and explain your issue in detail. We are really keen to help you but need your cooperation.

Hi Tahir,

I don’t think it is the code, as it works on every other computer, including this one until today. I have not touched the code for 2 years.

I was wondering if it was a known problem with security software or something?

I have tried it in IE and Chrome.

My code to call the document and save it is:

Public Shared Sub MailMerge(ByVal doc As Document, ByVal data As IEnumerable(Of Person))
    Dim db As New DataClassesDataContext

Dim PersonDataSource As New MergePersonsDataSource(data)
    doc.MailMerge.RemoveEmptyParagraphs = True
    doc.MailMerge.Execute(PersonDataSource)

doc.Save("MailMerge.doc", SaveFormat.Doc, SaveType.OpenInWord, HttpContext.Current.Response)

End Sub

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please try creating a simple console application and run your code? Please make sure that code executes without exceptions. You can try putting your code into try-catch statement. Maybe this could help you to analyze the problem.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

The code is in a Try Catch, it executes fine with no problem. The document comes up fine with no problem, just that the content is replaced with the webpage.

I will try re installing Word and see if that fixes the problem.

Hello
Thank you for additional information. Aspose.Words is independent from MS Word, so its settings also cannot affect Aspose.Words.
Best regards,