Merged document saved as PDF prints as blank page

When Aspose.Words merges a template with a background gradient, the generated pdf file appears blank when printed out of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (v2018.011.20040).

When Word is used to create the same pdf, it prints fine.

I have a test case you can use to recreate the problem (I removed the Aspose.Words.18.6.0 package to reduce its size).TestCase12.zip (5.1 MB)

@dspector1,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 18.6 at Windows 10 and have not found the shared issue. We have printed the output PDF using Adobe Acrobat XI pro and have not found any issue with printout.

Could you please generate the PDF file at your end and share it here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

@dspector1,

We have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17043. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks for the update. I should have mentioned that we only see this problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC; we do not experience it with Adobe Reader XI.

@dspector1,

Yes, this issue is reproduced when PDF is printed by Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Is it possible to get an update on this?

@dspector1,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the implementation of this issue has been postponed (no estimate is available at the moment). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Has any progress been made on this? This issue was reported and confirmed over a year ago.

@dspector1,

Your issue is postponed due to missing feature WORDSNET-9945 (Support native gradients with transparency in PDF).

After the fix of WORDSNET-9945, we will look into your issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17043) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.11 update also available on NuGet.