Free Support Forum - aspose.com

MergeField fieldName change from 11.2 to 11.9

I am trying to upgrade from 11.2 to 11.9 and am having a problem with our MergeField names.

We are using field names such as “company.name” and “recipient.address.city”.

In 11.2 the fieldName provided in IMailMergeDataSource.getValue(String fieldName, Object[] result) is “company.name”; in 11.9 we get only the last portion (i.e. “name”). I cannot find anything regarding this change in behavior or the expected format/usage for merge field names

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,


Thank you for your request and sorry for inconvenience. Could you please confirm whether you have MailMerge.UseNonMergeFields == true?

If yes, then here is the answer. This option also enables so called Object.Attr notation. Recently we implemented a fix for another customer who wanted to have the Attr part only provided in their custom child data source. Now it seems like we have to introduce an option or even alter IMailMergeDataSource (which of course is less preferable).

Another note is that the Object.Attr notation should normally work for mustache fields (“tags”) only, not for regular merge fields. The code that strips field names is currently unaware of whether the field is a normal merge field or mustache field. This probably should be fixed as well.

Please confirm the assumption above and we will proceed with working on your issue.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have set MailMerge.UseNonMergeFields == true.

I am not using the Object.Attribute feature. I did see reference to that feature in my searches yesterday, but am not sure how that works.

From your reply, does that mean a fix is required from your team?

Thanks.
Dave

Yes, unfortunately, it requires a fix. At the moment we are discussing what the best way is to satisfy those who do need the Object.Attr support and those who did not mean to use it (like you). I will ask my colleagues from the support team to register your issue and we will proceed with it shortly.


Thank you and sorry about inconvenience again.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the additional information. Could you please attach your input template Word document (.doc/.rtf file etc), you're getting this problem with, here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

I have added my template doc.

Hi Dave,


Thanks for the additional information. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-7142) in our issue tracking system and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Dave,


Thanks for your patience. We have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-7142 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.10.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (November’ 30, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7142) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)