Merging Bulleted information

Hi,
I have a situation where the main document has bulleted merge fields.
Some of these merge fields may be child documents which also have bulleted merge fields.
After merging the numbering in the main document is in the correct sequence.
However in the child documents the numbering is not correct.
For eg:
(1) «TL-Purpose-1»

(a) «TL-Purpose-1-1»
(b) «TL-Purpose-1-2»
Becomes
(1) The TL shall be used to [finance the purchase of/refinance] the following properties (collectively, the “Properties” and each a “Property”) at:-
(a) [address] (“Property I”); and
(a) [address] (“Property II”).
Pls note that (a), (b) became (a), (a)
Is there any solution for this ?
Regards,
NCS Team.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input document here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks. I have attached the 3 sample docs.
Main Doc is the main document which contains 1 merge field “TLName”
TLName contains multiple bulleted merge fields. Each of these fields merge to simple text based on certain conditions.
The Generate doc LO Test shows that the numbering is not maintained.
Regards,
NCS Team

Hi

Thank you for additional information. The problem might occur because you are using Document.ImportNode method to import nodes from one document to another. If you need to preserve numbering upon importing one document to another, you should using NodeImporter instead of Document.ImportNode method. Please see the following link for more information:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/nodeimporter/
Also, I think the code provided here could be useful for you (code used NodeImporter):
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/insert-and-append-documents/
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi,
Thanks for your mail. We have made the changes in the code to make use of NodeImporter instead of Document.ImportNode method, but we have a new issue now. The merged document shows blank lines next to the numbers and the contents are pushed to the next line. On closer examination we realised this is due to the extra paragraph tag added while merging the documents. Is there any way we can suppress this behaviour?
Please advise.
Thanks.
NCS team

Hi

Thank you for additional information. It is nice that the problem with numbering is resolved. Could you please create sample application, which will allow me o reproduce the problem with blank lines? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.